I chose the CogDogBlog, located at http://cogdogblog.com/. The author is Alan Levine, an instructional technology designer. He has been working with technology in schools since 1993. I selected this blog because of my personal interest in technology and the amount of experience the author has. The blog posting I chose was about the BBC's Dimensions project.
The dimensions project aims to show the size of important historical items laid on top of current satellite maps. This can be a great tool for teachers trying to relate the scale of something, such as the Titanic, to their students. For example, they could overlay the titanic over a satellite image of the school they are in. They could also show the D-Day landings at Normandy in relation to the size of their state. I think this could be a great tool for classrooms, getting the students engaged in the program while helping them to understand the scale of historic events and items.
This sounds really interesting. I love using visual aids in the classroom! This would be a great way to do it using current technology.
ReplyDeleteAdam, This is an interesting idea. The technology aspect along with the visual aid for the classroom can create a good learning environment for students. Students need to be actively engaged and I believe this would be a good source to turn to.
ReplyDelete